The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not discipline specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science at the University of Toronto.
Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor, or supervisors, from the professoriate within the Faculty of Arts & Science.
The University of Toronto Faculty of Arts and Science (FAS) is offering fellowships to outstanding recent doctoral students from any university in any country.
What is the category of this opportunity?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
Any research discipline across Faculty of Arts and Science at the University of Toronto.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- As these fellowships are designed for relatively recent graduates, candidates must have completed all requirements for their doctorate degree no earlier than May 1, 2017.
- Applicants cannot currently hold a tenure-track or continuing faculty position at a college or university.
- Applicants may be citizens of any country, and from any university. Successful international candidates must meet all Canadian immigration requirements.
- The application deadline is December 5, 2018, with start dates no earlier than May 1, 2019 and no later than December 1, 2019. Decisions will be made in mid-March 2019, and successful applications will have 6 weeks from the time the decisions are announced to accept or decline the fellowship.
- Fellowships are only tenable within FAS at the University of Toronto. Proposed supervisor(s) must have a tenure-track or tenured appointment in FAS (i.e., fully appointed at the St. George campus) at the University of Toronto.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
These fellowships pay a stipend of $45,000 per year
What is the duration of the scholarship?
Maximum of two years.
How to Apply for the University of Toronto Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship:
- Submit your CV and a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowship application form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com)The form includes a one page research proposal where you should describe your proposed research project and highlight the importance and impact of the research, and how this research fits into your academic goals. Please note that reference list or bibliography are not necessary for the proposal.
- Arrange for your proposed supervisor(s) to send the Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form to the office of the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Submit a completed Arts & Science Postdoctoral Supervisor form (www.artsci.utoronto.ca/graduate/postdoctoral-fellowships) to the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure (email@example.com).
- In the space provided, please comment on the applicant’s research potential, the quality of the proposed research, the research environment and resources that will be available to the applicant, and how the fellowship will advance the applicant’s career development.
5th December 2018 at 11:59pm EST.