Scholarship Description: The University of Manchester offers 27 scholarships (17 for full-time study and 10 for part-time study) available to students from Uganda, Ethiopia, Rwanda and Tanzania. Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate taught master’s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
The scholarships cover full tuition fees, and for students who will be studying in Manchester, the award includes return international airfares, living expenses and visas.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate taught master’s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
Available Subject: Scholarships are available in a wide range of subjects including Engineering, Environment, Medical and Life Sciences, Law and Education for postgraduate taught master’s degree level at the University of Manchester in the UK.
Scholarship Benefits: Pinnacle Scholarship is awarded to students in their first year of study up to $ 5,000.
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to Australia students
Entrance Requirements: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have at least two years’ relevant post-graduation work experience (this does not include unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a first or upper second class (or the equivalent) undergraduate degree;
- Be a resident citizen of Uganda and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Uganda;
- Have a clear idea how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
English language requirements: All applicants will need to demonstrate competency in the English language. In most cases you will need one of the following, as a minimum, to satisfy the general English language criteria and go through to the final selection round.
- English grade of 4 in UCE (Uganda Certificate of Education)
- IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5)
- BT TOEFL: overall score of at least 90, with no sub-test below 22
Have a look at the full list of available courses above to check the specific requirements.
Application Procedure: We will open for applications for entry in September 2019 on 1 August 2018 and the deadline to apply is 9 September 2018 at 5pm GMT.
Before you start your scholarship application we require:
- Two up to date signed references. References must be on letter headed paper and addressed to ‘Equity and Merit Scholarships at The University of Manchester’. They do not need to be sent confidentially and there is no fixed format.
- Degree certificates and transcripts, showing subjects taken and grades achieved. (Temporary copies or certificates of graduation will suffice for this application)
- Evidence of your English Language ability (if you already have it), you will need one of the following as a minimum: IELTS score of 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing) or TOEFL: score of 90 (with no sub-test below 22)
- An English Language certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS or TOEFL test.
Deadline: 9 September 2018